During the first year, DC MAP provided a webinar or released a brief e-newsletter on a mental health related topic. In 2017, we moved from the bimonthly, 4-page newsletter to briefer, biweekly email blasts that provide educational content with links to further resources. Below is a list of the 2017 biweekly E-nuggets to help increase provider awareness of DC MAP and provide brief education on a variety of topics. Each nugget provides background information about the topic, challenges and tips for handing the particular disorder or concern, and additional resources that might be useful to the provider such as training, readings, and screening tools.
2018 Newsletter Nuggets:
- DC MAP Nugget: A New Year, A Fresh Start. Let's Get Reacquainted!
- DC MAP Nugget: Supporting A Distressed Caregiver
- DC MAP Nugget: Substance Use Screening in Primary Care
- DC MAP Satisfaction, We Need Your Feedback
- DC MAP Nugget: May is Mental Health Awareness Month
- DC MAP Nugget: Strengthen Screening Practices to Support Families
- DC MAP Nugget: Managing Mild-Moderate Mental Health Problems in Children & Adolescents
- DC MAP Nugget: Managing Medications
- DC MAP Nugget: Writing Letters for the ADHD Student
- DC MAP Nugget: Upcoming Holidays
- Free LGBTQ CME-DC MAP Webinar 11/14-Register Today!
- DC MAP Nugget: Screens and Teens-Recommendations for Youth Cell Phone and Social Media Usage
2017 Newsletter Nuggets:
- DC MAP Nugget: Managing Difficult Patients
- DC MAP Nugget: Are You Trauma-Informed?
- DC MAP Nugget: Let's Talk Anxiety Disorders
- DC MAP Nugget: Managing Eating Disorders
- DC MAP Nugget: Disruptive Behavior Disorders
- DC MAP Nugget: Perinatal Mental Health is Family Health
- MH Awareness Month: Screening & Evaluation
- DC MAP Nugget: Managing Autism Concerns
- DC MAP Nugget: Understanding Child Trauma
- DC MAP Nugget: The Seven Medications that Every Pediatrician Should Know
- DC MAP Nugget: ADHD Quick and Dirty
- DC MAP Nugget: School Refusal
- DC MAP Nugget: Feeding Disorders of Infancy & Early Childhood
- July 2016 – Assessing Hallucinations, Helping to Manage Patients with Psychosis, DC MAP information and enrollment
- April 2016 – Assessing Suicidality, Assessing and Treating Depression in Pediatric Primary Care
- February 2016 – Spotlight on Separation Anxiety, Screens for Separation Anxiety, Interventions/treatment for Separation Anxiety, Separation Anxiety in the Research World, Separation Anxiety Resources
- August 2015 – Spotlight on Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, ADHD in the Classroom, Why can’t I make friends? Social Skills and ADHD, ADHD in the Re-search World, Books/Workbooks on ADHD
- October 2015 – Steps for parents to secure school-based services for children with learning problems, Early Childhood Referrals