Primary care clinician telephone consultation with child mental health specialists:
All services are FREE!
- Provider-to-provider consultation line; not intended for use by parents
- Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm (except major federal holidays)
- Calls answered within 30 minutes or less
- Phones staffed by all times by a team of mental health specialists (psychiatrist, psychologist or social worker and care coordinator)
- Open to any pediatric primary care provider working in or providing care to youth in DC
- Providers can call about any issue pertaining to mental health of the youth (0-21 years) or their caregiver regardless of family insurance status
- Primary care providers can complete a consultation request form to request a specific call back time
- Calls can be processed faster when providers have the following information available:
- Provider information—NPI #, call back number
- Child information—name, DOB, insurance, zip code (if seeking resources)
- Reason for the call
- Relevant background information about the case
- Calls can also be processed faster once providers are enrolled in DC MAP.
- Calls will be triaged to the appropriate DC MAP clinician if needed.
- PCPs should receive a written summary of the call within 2 business days